Birthday: April 24
Home Spot: Funchal, Madeira Island, Portugal
Disciplines: SUP Racing, Foiling, Surfing, Paddleboarding
Sponsors: NSP – Surf and Stand Up Paddle Boards | Team NSP Europe | Ericeira Surf & Skate | Madeira Saúde | MZbike – Motas, Bicicletas e Acessórios | NEWCO | Clube Naval do Funchal
Tomás Lacerda lives and trains in one of the best places in the world for an aspiring young waterman who is looking to become the best in the world. A true Madeiran, Tomás, loves and breathes the sea. At only 18 years of age, he has been able to collect a full wall of accolades in not only surf, but now stand-up paddle boarding (SUP).
Joining the NSP Portuguese team in 2018, Tomás enjoys the benefits of training with Clube Naval do Funchal and has dreams of one day becoming the World Champion of SUP racing. He is well on his way after winning the technical race of the 2020 Portugal National Championships, while also showing the world he can compete on the international stage by winning the junior division of the Gla Gla race in France.
In surf, where Tomás has spent much of his early years honing his waterman skills, NSP has found the perfect fit to showcase their new line-up of high performance boards. Tomás is very much a part of the testing and development of the range and was able to put the boards to the test winning the Porto and Matosinhos wave series. His boards of choice are the 5’8 Tinder-D8 and the 6’0 Chopstix.
Keep an eye on this Portuguese young gun as he works his way up the SUP racing leaderboard, surfs his way onto the top podium position and just recently Tomás showcased his talents taking on Portugal’s finest in October’s Big Wave Surprise event.
HOW IT STARTED…
THE WINNING QUIVER
DC SURF X
- 7th place in long-distance race men at Madeira island SUP challenge
- Portugal National Champion in SUP Open Men 200m
- 1st place in SUP open men at Portugal SUP race Marathon
- 5th place in Sprint Open Men at ICF World Stand Up Paddling
- 1st place in Men open 17Km at SUP Douro Race
- 1st place in Open division at Brisa Circuito Regional Sup Race
- 1st Place GlaGla Race Junior
- National Champion Open Division – Sprints, Technical, and Waves
- National Champion U18 Marathon, Technical, and Sprints
- Iberian Champion
- 7th Place Bilbao World Sup Challenge Elite Junior
- National Champion U18
- 10th Place EuroSup Marathon
- Regional Champion U18
- 11th Place National final U18
- Regional Champion U18
- 7th Place National Final U18
- Regional Champion U16 & U18
- 3rd Place Moche Groms Cup