DIMENSIONS OF THE RIBLET FRONT WING
The larger the foil the more lift it can give at slower speeds and the easier it can be to control. The smaller the foil the less lift you get at slow speeds, but can give more performance for turns and snaps on waves.
|Name||Weight||Width (cm)||Width (in)|
Alex talks NSP Riblet front wings
SUGGESTED WING PAIRINGS
What Rear Wing Works Best?
Riblet Front Wings work best with the Riblet Rear Wings, but the R&D team is extremely stoked about riding the Riblet Front Wings paired with the 245 High-Aspect Rear Wing as a stabilizer. Furthermore its turned out that pairing the 1225 & 1425 Riblet Front Wings with the 330 Flat rear wing is a great allround combination, a perfect compromise of speed and maneuverability.
Note: we recommend to use the Mast Shim Plate when pairing Riblet Front Wings with Riblet Rear Wings. Scroll below to review the Shim Plate).
General rules to follow in the pairing selection process:
• Bigger wing = more lift = lower skill level needed = smaller waves needed
• Smaller wing = faster, less lift = need more experience = need bigger waves
• The weight of the foiler and the skill are decisive for the front wing size
• Shorter masts great for beginners, shallow waters and learning tricks
• Mid-size masts are better for advanced riders in bigger swells
• Long masts are best for tow in
• Shorter fuselage = more reactive for tighter turns
Be sure to take into account your size and conditions when making your final decision. Contact us if you need more support.
1° MAST SHIM PLATE
The NSP Mast Shim Plate is designed to further enhance endless flight.
Every foil setup and board design is different, and our Mast Shim Plate allows you to fine-tune your ride by dialling in the correct angle of attack.
The Mast Shim Plate can be used to increase or decrease the angle of attack allowing you to have a more comfortable board trim, more acceleration, and glide.
The mast shim is set to 1°, and you can combine two or more shims to create your desired angle of attack.