Pioneer FS reviews
“Grade A – this paddleboard has a beautiful design with a dark green/forest green coloring with a map on the nose of the
board playing into the adventure that the board is meant for. You can tell that a lot of thought was put in here”
SUP Connect – Your connection to Paddling
– Use of biological degradable paper/carton and no single-use plastic wrap for shipping.
– Three removable fins for better stability and versatility when paddling moving water.
– Wheels integrated into the backpack.
– Full-Length deck pad.
– Heavy-duty tie-downs on the nose and tail.
– Inserts for attaching fishing gear, GPS, or a seat.
– Two built-in paddle holder options.
What makes the Pioneer so awesome...
The width of the Pioneer FS provides incredible initial and secondary stability for running rapids, fishing from as well as being more steady and secure in head-to-head racing. The rocker profile in the bow is high enough to assist in riding up and over waves yet low enough to carry momentum in flat water. The mild stern rocker is set so that it gives the paddler an easier way to step back and make quicker and more sure-footed turns. One of the key design features of the Pioneer’s dimensions is the way it carries its width through the stern. Most inflatable boards taper off quickly in the stern making them less stable in moving water. The Pioneer continues its width further down toward the tail giving additional stability in pivot turns, wave trains and provides paddlers with more volume to load gear for overnight trips.
At 11 feet long the Pioneer FS is not only suited for quick downriver paddling but it also meets the regulated size requirements for most organized downriver races (Mountain Games etc.). This was done very intentionally so that paddlers could not only have a board that allows them the ability to cover distances while free paddling but also be competitive in river competitions. These same dimensions you will read about throughout this design brief are also used with detailed considerations to the demands of making the best inflatable fishing board possible. Inserts incorporated into the deck aren’t simply placed anywhere but are carefully thought out to maximize the number of rods carried, access, balance, and create the possibility for any hunter or fisherman to create their own perfect setup.
Anyone that has ever stepped foot on an NSP knows they are built to last. With river running being the primary use of this board it had to be built to take the daily beating that this environment dishes out. Double layered rail construction with a double sealing rail band along with pre-laminated fusion skin is just a small example of its toughness. And while some boards use plastic D-rings and bungee cords, the Pioneer is once again made with true river runners in mind. You would NEVER see these types of components used on legitimate river crafts. The Pioneer exclusively uses heavy-duty metal D-rings throughout the deck as well as true cam straps for proper rigging. Bungees have no place in the river environment where dry bags need to be tightened down and secured. The four cam strap locations ensure you can fit plenty of gear on the deck and run rapids knowing it’s not going to come loose.
Pioneer FS Features
• Fusion reinforced double layer glueless pre-lamination
• Double-layer rail construction with double sealing rail band
• Increased nose and tail rocker for a best white water experience
• Heavy-duty nose D-rings for anchoring in rough conditions
• Nose and tail heavy-duty tie-down belts for safety gear
• 3 x inserts for attaching fishing gear, GPS, or seat
• Thermoformed EVA deck pad
• 2 x d-rings on the tail
• 2 + 1 fin set up with Click fins
• Paddle holder on the tail
• Recommended pressure 15 – 18 PSI