Designed for the weekend warrior. The Funboard Protech is renowned as NSP’s durable, high-performance custom laminated board offered at the most attractive price point.
Paddles easily and catches waves early gets you up and riding more often. The NSP Funboard is a classic mid-length Malibu and our most popular shape ever. The NSP Funboard is the clear “next-step” board for surfers looking to downsize, and an overall great board to have for all kinds of conditions.
Riders looking for the same NSP Funboard with more fin options should check out the Elements version of this shape.
Rail: Medium Bottom: Single to Vee Ideal waves: 1-6ft Level: Beginner – Expert
Funboard Protech Design:
• Newly designed reinforced carbon tail patch helps tune the tail flex, mimicking the flex patterns of pro customs.
• A stunning combination of fantastic value, durability, and performance, the Funboard is one of the most popular boards in the NSP range for progressing skills.
• Semi-rounded nose with low entry rocker design puts more volume up front to give more paddle power to catch waves early and easily.
• Domed deck profile allows a forgiving but sensitive rail feel while the rounded pintail is pulled in, adding control in bottom turns and cutbacks.
• Concave bottom creates a fast water transition through to the tail, providing balance and control in a wide range of conditions.
Colors NSP’s tint lamination process gives each board a unique, artistic, and custom-like finish. Go check them out at your local shop – it’s a visually appealing look.
The Funboard Protech models are available with NSP’s 3x FTU boxes (all compatible with Futures® Fins) and come out of the box with 3 MFC-designed fins.
High-Performance accessories by NSP
Scroll to the bottom of the page for other funboard shapes by NSP and suitable high-performance NSP accessories for the Funboard Protech
NSP’s Protech technology with a 36g molded SecureCell EPS core and custom tint lamination provides each board with its own unique, artsy and custom-like finish. A visually appealing board!
• Custom finish
• Secure cell EPS Core
• 6 oz + 4 oz deck
• 6 oz + 6 oz patch bottom
• UV-stable resin
Carbon-reinforced tail patch
Strategically applied to the back end of the rails, the Carbon Flex Tail provides exceptional flex control, increased durability and resistance against increased back-foot pressure. A Carbon Flex Tail is also more responsive than conventional construction and provides unparalleled flex response in turns.
Colin McPhillips talks about the Funboard Protech
Funboard Protech Profile
Funboard Protech Features
Funboard Protech Gallery
More Surf news?
We release new shapes and products every now and then, and if you don’t want to miss new surf updates (or any other product lines) make sure to subscribe to the Newsletters you are interested in right here.