If you want to kick turn easily, if you want to play in waves, if you want to downwind, and if you are not yet comfortable with a recessed deck, or if you simply prefer to race on a flat deck board, the NSP Puma is for you.
Initially designed for beach racing, the Puma’s have evolved into very capable downwinders and flat-water boards.
The most versatile and user-friendly board in the NSP range, the PUMA is a gateway towards performance paddling on a recessed deck.
– 14/23.5 – our pros use this board for surf- and beach racing, but this shape works just as well in flat- to downwind racing conditions
– 14/24.75 – an intermediate width with the same concept as the 23.5” to fill the gap with the 14/26
– 14/26 – featuring a little less rocker in 2019 than in 2018, and a slightly different bottom shape allows a lot more manoeuvrability in the surf
– 14/28 – is unchanged.
– The Puma 12’6/24 and 12’6/26 remain unchanged for 2019
– 12’6/23 and 12’6/22 feature the same concept and rocker, narrowed down for lighter paddlers. We expect the speed of the Puma 12’6/23 on flat water to be similar to the 2018 Ninja 12’6/23.5, while we increased its versatility
The 2019 Puma is a shape aimed at racers who are comfortable with a narrow shape. Because of their improved technical racing skills and overall paddling abilities, they are confident in the bumps or waves with reduced width, which translates to a lot more speed.
Our world-class Surf Race 20 is the more appropriate fin for beach racing, buoy racing and the ability to pull off consistent kick turns in the middle of a race or in Travis’s words; “It’s the fin better suited for turning and surfing.”
Click here to see the 2018 Puma.
Surf Race 20
|Length||Width||Thickness||Volume||Weight +/- 5%||12'6''||22''||Flat deck||228||TBD||12'6''||23"||Flat deck||236||TBD||12'6''||24"||Flat deck||244||TBD||12'6''||26"||Flat deck||250||TBD||14'0||23.5"||Flat deck||264||TBD||14'0||24.75"||Flat deck||278||TBD||14'0||26"||Flat deck||292||TBD||14'0||28"||Flat deck||311||TBD|