The Protech Hybrid is the team rider’s choice in the NSP line-up. High performance meets paddling power in the most versatile and user-friendly intermediate shortboard on the market.
This board is recognized by the Sustainable Surf Foundation as a Level One Eco Board; “An ECOBOARD is a high-performance sustainable board. It has the same technical performance attributes as any modern water-sport board, while having reduced environmental and toxic impacts.”
Bottom: Single to double concave
Ideal waves: 1-6ft
Level: Intermediate – Expert
For riders looking for even more grip and performance from their Hybrid, we recommend the RTM fins offered under “optional accessories” at the bottom of this page. The lightweight performance fins offer great flex, speed, manoeuvrability and responsiveness.
The Protech Hybrid is light, durable and offers premium performance and looks:
– The popular Hybrid is designed with the tail of a shortboard for performance and the wider nose of a Fish to maximize paddling power and stability.
– Performance rails, bottom rocker and foil to make it fast, stable and manoeuvrable on the wave.
– The flatter rocker and added width catches waves easily and generates speed combined with a pulled in round tail for bite and hold through rail turns and in steeper waves.
– Ideal for intermediate to advanced surfers seeking one of the most versatile and user-friendly short boards on the market, suits any wave situation from beach breaks to point breaks.
– The tri-fin thruster setup guarantees speed and liveliness, with enough hold to ride out your line.
Strategically applied to the back end of the rails, the Carbon Flex Tail provides increased durability and resistance against increased back-foot pressure.
A Carbon Flex Tail is also more responsive than conventional construction and provides unparalleled flex response in turns. Visible through a small patch on the tail, the carbon layer extends throughout the tail section of the rails.
3X M7 Fins
|Length||Width||Thickness||Volume||Weight +/- 5%||5'6"||19||2¹/⁴||25.3||2.43||5'9"||19 ¹/²||2 ³/⁸||28.7||2.55||6'0"||20 ¹/²||2 ¹/²||35.0||2.96||6'2"||20 ³/⁴||2 ⁵/⁸||40.5||3.15||6'4"||21||2 ³/⁴||43.5||3.22|
|Bag Name||Dimensions||Designed for||Board sock 6'6"||6'6 x stretchy||Fits all sizes||Surf day bag 4mm 6'0"||193 x 63||5'6" - 6'0"||Surf day bag 4mm 7'0"||219 x 67||6'2" - 6'4"||Surf travel bag 8mm 6'0"||193 x 63||5'6" - 6'0"||Surf travel bag 8mm 7'0"||219 x 67||6'2" - 6'4"|