Designed for the weekend warrior. The NSP Protech Funboard paddles easily and catches waves early; getting you up and riding more often with less effort. “Funboard” pretty much says it all.
Consider the NSP funboard the “in-between” – halfway between the longboard and the fish. Often considered the next step for a surfer who has spent enough time practising on a longboard. Not quite ready yet for a fish or a shortboard, Protech Funboards are a perfect platform for quick progression.
This board is recognized by the Sustainable Surf Foundation as a Level One Eco Board;
“An ECOBOARD is a high-performance sustainable board. It has the same technical performance attributes as any modern water-sport board, while having reduced environmental and toxic impacts.”
Learn more about NSP’s sustainability efforts and technologies by clicking here.
Bottom: Single to Vee
Ideal waves: 1-6ft
Level: Beginner – Expert
Available in two colours, the Protech funboard comes with three nylon M7 fins. For riders looking to squeeze more performance from their board, J7 RTM upgrades from NSP are available. Find them listed further down below under “optional accessories”.
– A stunning combination of fantastic value, durability and performance. The Funboard is one of the most popular in the NSP range for progressing skills.
– Semi-rounded nose with low entry rocker design puts more volume up front to give more paddle power to catch waves early and easily.
– Domed deck profile allows a forgiving but sensitive rail feel, while the pulled in, rounded pintail is providing control to bottom turns and cutbacks.
– Concave bottom creates a fast water transition through to the tail – providing balance and control in a range of conditions.
– The tri-fin thruster setup guarantees speed and liveliness, with enough hold to ride out your line.
Strategically applied to the back end of the rails, the Carbon Flex Tail provides increased durability and resistance against increased back-foot pressure.
A Carbon Flex Tail is also more responsive than conventional construction and provides unparalleled flex response in turns. Visible through a small patch on the tail, the carbon layer extends throughout the tail section of the rails.
3X M7 Fins
|Length||Width||Thickness||Volume||Weight +/- 5%||6'8"||21"||2 ⁵/⁸||42.1||3.71||7'2"||21 ¹/²||2 ³/⁴||49.0||3.97||7'6"||21 ³/⁴||2 ⁷/⁸||54.4||4.14|
|Bag Name||Dimensions||Designed for||7'0" board sock||7'0" x stretchy||6'8"||7'6" board sock||7'6" x stretchy||7'2 and 7'6"||Surf day bag 4mm 7'0"||219 x 67||6'8"||Surf day bag 4mm 7'4"||230 x 69||7'2"||Surf day bag 4mm 7'10"||250 x 69||7'6"||Surf travel bag 8mm 7'0"||219 x 67||6'8"||Surf travel bag 8mm 7'4"||230 x 69||7'2"||Surf travel bag 8mm 7'10"||250 x 69||7'6"|