About riding the DC Foil X Flax:“It’s the silence that really hits you, the first time you lift off”: Open up a whole new world of waveriding!
Catch waves that refuse to break and fly over the slower sections with grace and speed. Based on the DC FOil X, this version is a simplified, eco-friendlier board featuring flax fibre in its rails for added durability. The DC Foil X Flax only connects to twin-track mounting systems as we skipped the tuttle-box to cut weight and price. If you don’t already own a foil with a tuttle, this is the board to go for, as we gound the twin rack system more tunable, more resistant to torque and easier to set up.
This board is recognized by the Sustainable Surf Foundation as a Level One Eco Board;
“An ECOBOARD is a high-performance sustainable board. It has the same technical performance attributes as any modern water-sport board, while having reduced environmental and toxic impacts.”
Downwinding, wake foiling, tow-in or windfoiling, the DC Foil can do it all.
– Maximize every wave with power and speed.
– With a huge sweet spot for a board this size, this foil board is designed for maximum stability.
– Features multi foil fin box options strategically positioned to optimize control.
– E-glass hybrid rail with deck/bottom matt colour and polished rails.
– Full-length uni-directional carbon stringer for added strength.
– Biaxial carbon-reinforced foil box.
– FCS II fin system.
– Diamond grooved EVA tail pad with side and a center T-bar ridge for easy foot placement while foiling.
The DC Foil is shaped and designed by legendary shaper Dale Chapman. Paired to the NSP Airwave or conventional fins (thruster works best for fast and loose rides), a hybrid works well on- and over the surface. It’s time to fly.
The DC Foil X Flax differs in design and in the amount of foil mounts. By skipping the Tuttle Box and using Flax fibres for the rails instead of Carbon-Innegra Honeycomb, the result is a hybrid SUP board with the same durability and performance of the DC Foil X but at a lower price point.
3x NSP J5 RTM fins
|Length||Width||Thickness||Volume||Weight +/- 5%||7'6"||29"||4.25"||116 liters||Est 8.8 kg|
|Bag Name||Dimensions||Designed for||SUP Surf S||244 x 83cm||7'6"|